Youth Leadership Council
This group of young HAEA leaders is always ready to offer a friendly smile and support to their peers! Our goal is to engage in peer to peer support with diagnosed HAE youth and youth family members, serve as youth leaders at advocacy events, and participate in legislative visits to Congress in the Nation's Capital.
YLC members are very active and participate in multiple events:
- PLAY a special role at HAEA conferences and youth-specific events
- SERVE as youth leaders at advocacy and hae day :-) events
- ADVOCATE for people with HAE during the HAEA Capitol Hill Day
- EDUCATE members of their community on HAE
- INSPIRE and engage peers and offer support for HAE diagnosed youth and their family members
- And MORE!
One of the chief tasks of YLC members is to help identify the needs of young people with HAE and their caregivers. Do you have ideas, questions, or just want to find a friend who shares your experience living with HAE?
Learn more about the YLC