Here is a list of FDA-approved treatments now available to treat HAE:
- Cinryze ™ brand of C1-inhibitor has been FDA-approved for preventing HAE attacks. Cinryze ™is delivered intravenously and is approved for home infusion.
- Berinert® brand of C1-inhibitor has been FDA-approved for treating acute abdominal, facial or laryngeal HAE attacks. Berinert® is delivered intravenously and is approved for on-demand treatment through self-administration.
- Kalbitor® brand of plasma kallikrein inhibitor has been FDA-approved to treat acute HAE attacks in patients 12 years of age and older. Kalbitor® is delivered through subcutaneous injections.
- Firazyr® brand of bradykinin receptor antagonist has been FDA-approved for treating acute HAE attacks in patients 18 years and older. Firazyr® is delivered by subcutaneous injection and is approved for self-administration
- Ruconest® brand of C1-inhibitor [recombinant] has been FDA-approved for treating acute HAE attacks in adults and adolescents. RUCONEST® is delivered intravenously and is approved for self-administration.